Saturday, January 20, 2007

Back to the Center

This past year has been crazy, many changes have occurred and it doesn't look like that pattern is going to let up anytime soon. Lately, I really miss the closeness and fellowship of some of my old friends, the familiarity of established community and am overwhelmed at times by uncertainties ahead. I have been feeling empty and lost. Yet, after reading an encouraging email from a friend it occurred to me that God's love for me and relationship with me has not changed. God is as close as ever, if I would but slow down, be still and "know". There is much comfort and rest in that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The recent "Ice Storm" in Northeastern OK has given me the opportunity to slow down and listen. I too realize that GOD is with me at all times, if only I take the time to recognize it. I too miss my old EFM and other friends and wonder if the many changes in my life will ever again reach a place of stability. It is so good to realize that others battle the same uncertainty.