Saturday, November 03, 2007

Just a Glimpse

A week or so ago I experienced a very peaceful moment where I seemed to sense the presence of God and His love for me in a way I couldn't shake off or argue with. Though it was a warm and welcome time, there was a part of me that found it difficult to just sit with. My insides are so busy all the time and there was an urge to run off and "share my experience". It was like I peeked around a corner and caught a brief look at Jesus and I was ready to proclaim to everyone my indepth knowledge of Him, though in actuality I had only caught a glimpse.

From some of my Old Testament studies I have learned that the Hebrews would not give a "name" to God for to name something or someone would be to have power over them or probably at least to say you could define them. The older I grow the more and more this seems wise to me.

No comments: